|Family||Sif (wife) |
Magni and Modi (sons)
Thor is one of the most recognized Norse gods. He is the god of thunder and lightning and the eldest son of Odin. He is a member of the Aesir, and is destined to slay Jörmungandr, the Midgard Serpent.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Asgardian Physiology: As the son of the Asgardian King Odin, Thor possesses incredible supernatural powers and superhuman attributes far surpassing many other Asgardians, with only his father and older sister being his superior in power. With the death of Odin and Hela, Thor is currently the most powerful Asgardian within the Nine Realms and the cosmos. As Asgard's warrior prince, Thor trained in the arts of battle, which he has practiced for thousands of years. He is recognized to relying solely on his superior fighting ability, strength, and nigh invulnerability. Following his banishment to Earth, Thor greatly withholds his power unless fighting someone with similar strength and durability. Due to his immense power and disciplined perspective, Thor often has to hold back during a fight due to the destruction his strength may cause to his surroundings, such as his fight on the Helicarrier with Hulk, but even then he is still easily powerful enough to overpower multiple superhuman enemies and even overpower or at least contend with powerful beings such as Hulk and Loki. When he does let loose with his powers, Thor is capable of decimating much of his surroundings, such as when he shattered an entire ice shelf during a battle on Jotunheim, and defeating a powerful being empowered by an Infinity Stone, such as Malekith. After getting his full powers, Thor became powerful enough to contend with the true first-born of Odin and his older sister Hela. Odin implies that Thor has the potential to surpass him in the future. Wielding Stormbreaker, Thor is the only hero who made a successful attempt at severely wounding Thanos, with Thanos himself suggesting that if Thor hit him in the head with Stormbreaker he may have been able to kill him.
Asgardian/Elder God Hybrid Physiology: Biologically half-Asgardian on his father's side and half-Elder God on his mother's side; Thor possesses a number of superhuman attributes common among the Asgardian and other gods. However, due to his unique birth, some are considerably more developed than those of the vast majority of his race. Thor's skin, muscle, and bone tissues have several times the density of the same tissues in the body of a human being, contributing to his superhuman weight. He is invulnerable to powerful energy blasts, weighted impacts, falls from great heights, explosions and various other opposing forces. Even without his godly power, Thor is still physically the strongest and most durable of all the Asgardians.
- Life-Force: also known as the God-Force. The godly energies that fuel all of Thor's godlike powers. Thor's immortal life-force is more powerful than the mystical properties of Mjolnir. Unlike many other deities, Thor's unique Life-force allows him to have full access to all of his powers regardless of what realm he enters. The only beings so far that has been shown to affect Thor's God-force are Odin Dormammu, and Odin's raven in the form of Marnot.Thor's God-force is also the key to him using the God-blast.
- Superhuman Strength: As an Asgardian, specifically the son of Odin, Thor is the third strongest Asgardian of his time, surpassed only by Odin and Hela, and with their deaths, he is now the strongest Asgardian alive. His incredible superhuman strength enables him to easily overpower hordes of normal humans, Frost Giants, Chitauri, Marauders, Dark Elves, Ultron Sentries, and various other species within or beyond the Nine Realms. He can lift or move immensely heavy objects effortlessly, such as when he was able to easily catch a falling car with one arm during Battle of Sokovia, saving the family trapped inside it, and flip a large, wide ceremonial table over on Asgard. He can also easily crush extremely durable objects - such as Iron Man's gauntlets - as if he was crushing a soda can. Thor's strength extends to his ability to leap great distances. With his strength, Thor is able to take on multiple enemies at once, using Mjølnir to send large groups of enemies, like the Frost Giants, the Chitauri, or Ultron Sentries, multiple ones at once, with each strike. Using his weapon Mjølnir, Thor's strength is compounded, as he is able to swing his mighty hammer with great speed and force. Thor's strength is so great, that he can throw his hammer with enough force to break through nearly any barrier, whether it be stone, metal or dark energy. Thor was also strong enough to overpower the Destroyer, which had overwhelmed the likes of Sif and the Warrior Three combined, and even while holding back his strength, was stronger than Loki even while holding back, as he was able to beat his brother eventually when he was using Gungnir and Scepter wielding his hammer. Notably, he kicked Loki with enough force to shatter glass, lifted his brother off the ground and slammed him with enough force to stun him in their second duel. He also overpowered Iron Man in his Mark VI even despite being empowered by Thor's electricity. His strength is so great, that strikes with Mjølnir are usually fatal, knocking out opponents with one hit, and only beings of incredible power, like the Destroyer, Hulk, Malekith, Kurse, Ultron, Fenris, Surtur, Hela, and Thanos can take multiple direct hits from Thor. Hence, Thor was able to shatter a massive Kronan Marauder, take down a Leviathan, and even break the Bifrost Bridge, all with only several blows of his hammer. Thor's immense strength combined with Mjølnir also enabled him to break out of an extremely durable confinement capsule (specifically designed to hold Hulk). Using his immense strength Thor was able to block a crushing blow from the Hulk with his own arm, and even punch the latter in the face hard enough to make him stagger. Thor also managed to match Malekith, whose strength was greatly compounded by the Aether, equally and eventually overpower him. He later managed to overpower a weakened Surtur, killing him with a fully-powered hammer blow to the head. During the Contest of Champions, Thor's strength and considerable fighting skill allowed him to compete against and even at times overwhelm the Hulk, capable of staggering the Hulk with his punches alone and sending him flying across the arena with a single hammer blow as well as even restraining him, with Hulk needing to grow angry and surprise him to overpower him. After receiving visions from Odin's spirit, Thor's strength and fighting skill combined with his newfound ability to generate lightning quickly gave Thor to compete against the angered Hulk, generating a shock-wave with his punch that visibly dazed the Hulk. When he fought Hela, although he was ultimately no match for the more powerful Goddess of Death, Thor's physical strength and skill still allowed him to put up a reasonable fight on his own against Hela, who had single-handedly killed the Valkyries, among the most powerful warriors of Asgard, managing to slightly stagger her with his punches and inflict minor injuries and briefly pressure her with Gungnir. After acquiring his full power, Thor's strength was enhanced to the point that he was able to contend with Hela during their final battle, managing to lift her off her feet and throw her to Valkyrie, fighting her to a standstill alongside Valkyrie, and slightly stagger Thanos and punch off a portion of the warlord's helmet with a stick. He was also able to easily swing around Rocket Raccoon's Milano escape pod at great speeds, and even hold open the massive forge of a Nidavellir star long enough for Eitri to heat the metal, as well as throw Stormbreaker with enough force that combined with his electrical powers, it was able to slice through a beam from the completed Infinity Gauntlet, and lodge deep into Thanos's chest, as well as cause him great pain upon twisting the axe deeper. Among the very few beings able to surpass Thor's strength are Kurse, Hela, Ultron, Surtur at full power, Odin, Thanos, Malekith powered by the Aether, and Hulk until he gained his full powers, with Thor winning through skill rather than superior strength. In addition to being the God of Thunder, Thor is also the Asgardian God of Strength, as such he is physically the strongest of the Asgardian gods and his strength is unlimited. His feats include destroying an arch weighing over a million tons, crumbling Uru into dust, lifting the Midgard Serpent, who was large enough to coil around the Earth from head to tail multiple times over and crush it in its grip. Pushing the Worldengine, which reversed the Yggdrasil Tree. Thor nearly killed Angrir with a powerful blow, who had defeated the base level Red Hulk (He grows much more powerful from absorbing energy). His clash against Gorr shattered entire worlds. He effortlessly threw a piece of star core at the god-bomb. He also physically held together the fissures of a badly damaged moon, and mended it with his lightning. He has effortlessly snapped adamantium alloy cables by simply flexing. He pushed over the Leaning Tower of Pisa with his finger. His punch when met with same force has leveled a countryside and even closed dimensional rifts. He has towed the island hydrobase into New York Harbor. After being damaged in a battle, Thor literally holds up the George Washington Bridge long enough for Damage Control to fix it. Wonder Man conceded Thor as his superior. He has also resisted the gravity of a neutron star. Thor has proven capable of several acts of vast physical strength, including stalemating the Hulk in a battle for an hour. He was able to break Silver Surfer's force field with a single blow, knocked out Namor with a single blow (despite Namor being fully hydrated during a rain storm), and has effortlessly defeated the Bi-Beast,Red Hulk,  and Gladiator. He has also stalemated Hercules in various contests of strength, and nearly rendered the Juggernaut unconscious after negating his mystical defenses. Thor's strength is so great that he was able to launch Harald Jaekelsson's body into orbit with a single uppercut and sent the Hulk-like Bodolf the Black right through the entire Earth with a single punch.
- Massive Strength: As the God of Strength, Thor has incredible super strength, being the strongest of the Norse gods. Just a light clap on the shoulder from him dislocated several of Magnus' joints. When wielding Mjölnir, he is strong enough to blow up an entire mountain, along with an army of giants, with just one hit from his hammer.
- Superhuman Durability: Thor's skin, muscle, and bone tissue have many times the density of the same tissue in the body of a human being and is nigh-invulnerable, much more so than regular Asgardians to the point that Gamora claimed that Thor's muscles felt as if they were "made of Cotati metal fibers." Even when he was stripped of his powers, Thor was still amazingly resilient due to his dense body, withstanding being hit by a van with ease, and only being seemingly killed by a punch from the Destroyer. When he is at full power and armed with Mjølnir, Thor possesses nigh-invulnerability, including resistance to powerful energy blasts, immense blunt force trauma, falls from great heights, explosions and various other opposing forces. He withstood the extreme cold of Jotunheim, the extreme heat of Muspelheim, survived a direct near point-blank range blast from Gungnir blasting him out of Odin's chamber, and falling several hundred feet to the ground, showing no visible signs of injury. Thor withstood a 400%-charged repulsor blast from Iron Man, was completely unaffected and uninjured by Quicksilversmashing into him at supersonic speeds, took a mighty punch from Hulk with only a minor nosebleed, and even withstood the full force of the Destroyer's energy blasts. During his final battle with Malekith, Thor was even able to survive being hit by quite a few tendrils of the Aether Infinity Stone energy, and later a blast of Surtur's Twilight Sword flames without any permanent damage, though it should be noted that Thor had not been facing off against Surtur while the latter was at full power. Whenever he is injured, Thor's physique allows him to shrug off minor injuries such as small stab wounds from Asgardian blades, or allows him to withstand a direct blow in the face from a massive Frost Giant and laugh afterwards. He resisted the direct destruction of the city of Novi Grad followed by one kilometer drop in the sea, and was only momentarily unconscious. However, when matched with a rare enemy that is equal to or even stronger than himself, even after he gained his full powers, like Hulk,Kurse, Ultron, weakened Surtur, Hela or Thanos, Thor will eventually sustain injuries, and increasingly show signs of exertion and fatigue, although Thor's own durability will still allow him to withstand their strength and power for quite some time before he starts to drop in power and be injured, as he withstood a severe beating from Kurse, Ultron, and Hela, notably surviving being stabbed with her Necroswords, which easily killed not only the Einhejars with a single hit but also the Warriors Three, who had greater durability than low-tier Asgardian warriors, with no permanent damage, and managed to continue fighting afterwards, overpowered Surtur despite Surtur being at least equal to, if not, superior to Thor in power, withstood numerous blows to the face from Hulk during the Contest of Champions with minimum damage and was still able to quickly get up with no problem, whereas Loki, who was extremely resilient in his own right, was completely wiped out by being attacked by Hulk, showing his resillience and durability far exceeded his adopted brother. After getting his full powers, Thor's durability grew much greater, with him thus shrugging off Hela's attacks and continuing to fight her with no deterioation in his performance and even managing to remain conscious after taking multiple blows from Thanos, despite the fact that Thanos's blows were able to swiftly pummel Hulk to unconcinciousness even surviving having his head squeezed by Thanos, whereas Loki was quickly killed by Thanos with less effort, once again proving he is significiantly more durable and resilient than Loki, although Thanos implied he could crush Thor's head any time he wants when he threatened Loki, and soon being exposed to the vacuum of space, although all this combined caused him to pass out. Indeed, Thor's durability even allowed him to survive the full force of a re-ignited Nidavellir star, though it leaves his body severely charred and knocks him unconscious and he was close to death and would have died had Stormbreaker not healed him. Thor's physical constitution is so strong the he is able to survive exposure to the power of the Infinity Stones, as evidenced when he was able to quickly recover from being hit by the Reality Stone's powers whenever Malekith blasts it at him and even remain conscious after having Thanos repeatedly press the force of the Power Stone against his head, which if touched by beings less powerful would instantly obliterate them, although he nevertheless suffered excruciating pain every time Thanos pressesed it against him and prolonged exposure would likely eventually kill him, as Loki quickly submitted to Thanos's demands when he saw Thor being tortured by the Power Stone.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite his astounding resistance to injury, it is still possible to injure Thor. However, due to his Asgardian physiology, Thor is able to heal at a rate significiantly faster than a normal human and even much faster than most Asgardians. After seemingly being killed by the Destroyer and proving himself worthy of Mjølnir once again, Thor regained his full power and immediately healed himself in seconds. Despite receiving mild to severe stab wounds from Asgardian blades on several occasions, after working past the initial pain of the injury, Thor was able to quickly recover and continue fighting. After the brutal beating he suffered from Kurse, upon arriving to Earth several minutes later, he had nearly completely recovered from his bleeding wounds. While fighting Hela, Thor was painfully pierced multiple times by her Necroswords, getting his right eye gouged out in the process, and while Thor was unable to regenerate his eye, he recovered from all of the stabs mere minutes later, despite the Warriors Three all perishing from a single stab from Hela each. After suffering a beating from Thanos and getting burned by the Power Stone, Thor managed to recover rapidly afterwards. Later, Thor survived the full force of a re-ignited Nidavellir star, though it left his body charred and near death, Thor was completely healed after receiving Stormbreaker to harness and amplify his supernatural powers.
- Superhuman Speed: Thor can move at great superhuman speeds. Thor tackled Hulk through the wall of a Helicarrier in a split second, visibly appearing as a blur. He also proves capable of overwhelming the Hulk in hand-to-hand combat during their second fight, able to easily dodge his feral attacks and land his own blows and get a grip on him. In battle, while holding back, he is easily fast enough to contend with the extremely fast Loki in combat and although his adopted brother is capable of outmanuevering him when he is holding back, when Thor unleashed his rage, he was able to easily catch Loki off-guard, disarm him of his sceptre and then brutally attack him without Loki being able to react in their second duel, implying his speed at the very least equals, if not exceeds, Loki's. Although he was easily kicked away soon after, Thor was able to surprise and land a hit on Thanos before he could kill Hulk.
- Superhuman Agility: Thor's agility, dexterity, balance, and bodily coordination make him a great warrior for battle. He moves with incredible grace and speed despite his considerable size and body density. He was able to dodge the wing of a jet fighter thrown at him by the Hulk, as well as dodging many of Hulk's hammer and battle-ax blows and outmaneuvering him in their second battle. He can easily keep up with Loki while holding back despite Loki's great agility in both their fights.
- Superhuman Stamina: Thor's advanced musculature is considerably more efficient than that of a human and most other Asgardians. As a result, his muscles produce practically no fatigue toxins during physical activity compared to those of humans and most other members of his race. His virtually inexhaustible stamina enables him to exert himself at peak capacity for an undefined period of time without tiring at all.
- Superhuman Senses: Thor's superhuman senses allow him to see objects as far out as the edge of the Solar System, allow him to track objects traveling faster than light, and hear cries from the other side of the planet.
- Longevity: Thor, like all other Asgardians, is not truly immortal. It is possible to kill an Asgardian and other beings in the Nine Realms. More accurately, Asgardians are extremely long-lived beings. Thor ages at a pace far, far slower than a human, as he claims to be 1,500 years old, since like Loki, he was born shortly before the last great war between the Asgardians and the Frost Giants. It is a common misconception that Thor and the other Gods of Asgard are truly immortal. Unlike many other Asgardians, he cannot age by any conventional means. However, Thor and the other members of his race do age but at a rate so slow that to other beings they give the appearance of immortality. Thor has been stated to be thousands of years old which makes his life span incomparable to that of the human beings which he protects. When the Asgardians consume the Golden Apples that are cultivated by the goddess Idunn, they are able to maintain themselves in their physical prime. An exception occurred when Thor temporarily became the Rune King, effectively becoming immortal and improving his powers immensely.
- Immortality: Thor, like other members of the Norse Pantheon, is ageless and immortal unless physically killed.
- Invulnerability: Being a god whose heritage is both half-Asgardian and half-Elder God affords Thor virtual invulnerability and immunity to any such human ailments as diseases, toxins, poisons, corrosives, fire, viruses, electrocution, asphyxiation, and he has a immunity to heat and subzero and lead and radiation poisoning. Thor has flown through the heart of stars. He withstood what he thought to be the weight of a score of planets. Thor was able to survive direct multiple blasts from the Asgardian Destroyer. Thor also once took a glancing hit by a Doomsday Bomb that was capable of ravaging an entire planet, and soon after that explosion he fell from space (leaving a crater miles wide) to a planet called Pangoria. He has withstood several blasts from Odin, and even survived blasts from Celestials. With his powers reduced in half, Thor was able to withstand a blow from the Skurge the Executioner's axe. Thor is truly extremely difficult to kill as his life force is stated to be augmented by his godlike heritage, and Mjolnir. Thor can even survive absolute zero temperatures, and even though he was trapped inside, he showed no discomfort after being rescued by Hulk and immediately resumed battle.
- Elemental Manipulation: Though Thor's Asgardian physiology far exceeds the abilities of a normal athletic human, when he was stripped of his power and found unworthy of Mjølnir, his god-like abilities were diminished so much that he was able to be tasered into unconsciousness. It was only when he was found worthy of wielding Mjølnir did Thor recover his god-like physiology and therefore could go toe-to-toe with extremely powerful beings like the Destroyer. Thus, the hammer enhances a person's physiology to that of Thor, the "God of Thunder". It was later revealed Mjølnir was never the source of Thor's power, but a tool to help him focus his power until he was able to master and wield his powers freely, which he would finally do after Odin made him understood that the powers he channeled through his hammer was his own. As a result, Thor is now able to utilize his innate supernatural abilities without Mjølnir's aid. These abilities include:
- Weather Manipulation: Thor was born with the power to control weather storms, with it being the reason he is called the "God of Thunder". Even before Thor lost his hammer to Hela, he still displayed a level of control over weather, able to manipulate parts of it, although his focus always seemed to be somewhere else so whenever events of him displaying this power occurred his mind was elsewhere. Among them was when he was able to keep rain from touching Jane Foster as a downpour occurred as well as when he began to generate sparks of lightning from his hands after becoming furious. He began to unlock the full potential of his abilities during his encounter with Hela, and is now shown to be able to generate rather large storm clouds and create thunder.
- Storm Manipulation
- Electricity Manipulation: Thor was born with the ability to generate, control and project electrical energy, with him thus being dubbed the "God of Thunder". Even while unable to personally harness it and needing Mjølnir to focus his powers over electricity, Thor's electric bolts were already strong enough that it was able to blacken an Aether-enhanced Malekith, take down two Chitauri Leviathans and a large amount of the aliens, and his electrical powers was already potent enough that Thor could generate incredible enough levels of electricity as to help Iron Man swiftly smite the falling Sokovia City to oblivion. Following Odin's death and visions from his father's spirit, Thor finally fully unlocked his electrical powers and his powers over lightning are enhanced to the point where he could generate electrical energy from his own body and summon thunder and lightning from the sky, all without the use of Mjølnir. His new ability allows him to seamlessly integrate lightning into his fighting sequences against Hulk in the Contest of Champions, and then later against Helaand her undead army. He becomes able to use lightning to pull and hurl enemies, blast projectiles to pieces, and infuse his weapons with electricity. Thor's generated lightning bolts grew so powerful that he was able to easily send an enraged Hulk flying back and visibly stun him for a time and even temporarily stun and knock down Hela herself with a single respective blast. Thor was even able to cast a lightning bolt powerful enough to destroy a portion of the Rainbow Bridge that Hela was standing on to ultimately send her crashing down into the water beneath. Wielding Stormbreaker, Thor's powers over electricity grew greatly to the point that he was able to generate a lightning blast powerful enough to knock Thanos back a considerable distance, although it did no harm to the Titan. The greatest display of his electricity manipulation, however, is shown when Thor charges Stormbreaker with all of his electrical power, and throws it at Thanos with all his might, with the weapon being powerful enough to slice through a concentrated beam from the completed Infinity Gauntlet and grievously injure in a single strike. The only reason Thanos survived was Thor's catastrophic mistake of intentionally delaying the killing blow.
- Deity Lightning Manipulation
- Lightning Bolt Projection
- Weather Manipulation: Thor was born with the power to control weather storms, with it being the reason he is called the "God of Thunder". Even before Thor lost his hammer to Hela, he still displayed a level of control over weather, able to manipulate parts of it, although his focus always seemed to be somewhere else so whenever events of him displaying this power occurred his mind was elsewhere. Among them was when he was able to keep rain from touching Jane Foster as a downpour occurred as well as when he began to generate sparks of lightning from his hands after becoming furious. He began to unlock the full potential of his abilities during his encounter with Hela, and is now shown to be able to generate rather large storm clouds and create thunder.
- Flight: One of Thor's new abilities that he discovered after losing Mjølnir was how he was able to hover, glide, and fly through the air at great speeds without any outside help. He was able to grab onto the Hulk and lift him several feet in the air while they were fighting in the Contest of Champions. He also was able to hover across the Bifrost Bridge multiple times during his final encounter with his sister Hela. He was able to launch himself into the air from the Asgardian palace to the middle of the Bifrost within moments.
- Teleportation: After Thor gained his new devastating weapon, Stormbreaker, he was able to teleport at will, due to gaining the ability to manipulate the Bifrost Bridge. As a result, Thor instantly teleported himself, Rocket Raccoonand Groot to Wakanda, in order to aid his allies in battle against Thanos and the Black Order.
- Soil Manipulation
- Fertility Inducement
- Fertility Manipulation: As the God of Fertility, Thor can presumably manipulate the fertility of the ground.
- Super Breath: Thor can use his breath to create hurricane force winds.
- Self Sustenance: He is capable of surviving in the vacuum of space unaided and does not need air, food, water, or sleep.
- Memory Alteration: Thor calls this the 'Gift of Forgetfulness'. He took away Jane Foster's memories of her being kidnapped by Loki and a reporter's experience in Asgard.
- All-Tongue: When Thor speaks with the All-Tongue anyone who hears him will hear him speak their native language in their hearts.
- Allspeak: Thanks to the Allspeak Thor can communicate in all of the languages of the Nine Realms, Earth's dialects, and various alien languages.
- Odin Force/Thorforce: The Odin Force enabled him to tap into the resources of cosmic and mystical energies of the dimension Asgard exists within, enhancing all of his abilities in turn. The sum total of Odin's power as the king of Asgard plus the power of his brothers Vili and Ve, as well as his own, the Odin Force significantly increased Thor's powers. Thor damaged Captain America's shield by striking it,teleported Asgard into the skies above New York City, and contained a nuclear missile's explosion. According to the avatar of the Odin Force, Thor recreating celestial bodies and his other accomplishments during his time on Earth were minimal compared to the Odin Force's full power. After Mjolnir was damaged in his battle with Bor, Thor sought Stephen Strange to help repair the hammer. Dr. Strange informed Thor that Odin invested his life energies into the hammer's creation and the only way to repair it was to use the same life energy. Thor was willing to sacrifice what little amount of the Odin Force he still possessed but Dr. Strange also informed him that it would require taking 'all' of the Odin Force he possessed and the end result would be Thor at the same power level he was at before he inherited the Odin Force. He also informed Thor that he and the hammer would be bound together so that if Mjolnir was ever destroyed or damaged then Thor would die. Thor accepted the situation and Dr. Strange preformed an ancient ritual to siphon the Odin Force from Thor into Mjolnir, making it whole again.
- Thorsleep: When Thor uses the Thorforce too greatly or too fast he needs to replenish his energies by entering the Thorsleep. There is no definite time frame as to when he has to enter the Thorsleep or how long he has to be in it. Having learned from his father's past experiences of being vulnerable while in the Odinsleep, Thor used a casket made by Odin's metalsmith Falki. The casket contains enchantments that create a state between life and death to reduce the time required for the Thorsleep. Once it has been closed from within, it cannot be broken by any force known to man or gods and can only be opened from the inside. While asleep in the casket in the state between life and death, Thor's mortal persona Donald Blake temporarily separates from him until he awakens again. After gaining the power of the Runes in combination with the Odin Force, Thor's powers reached even greater heights and surpassed his father in power. With gaining the power if the Runes he gained understanding and enlightenment. He was able to see the future of all things, seeing beyond quantum structures; beyond cosmic architecture, into the nothingness and the end of all things.
- Chronokinesis: The Power of Time. Thor at one point had the ability to use Mjolnir to travel through time. By spinning Mjolnir faster than light, Thor could open a portal to the fourth dimension of time to travel to the past and the future. By swinging Mjolnir in a precise manner, Thor can circumvent time by creating a time warp around certain areas. Thor has used Mjolnir to reverse time to defeat the Abomination, protected himself and others from being frozen in time, overcome a time portal of Hades's, froze time around Odin to protect him from Hela taking him, and taken a reporter beyond time and space to the era of the dinosaurs and millions of years into the future.Thor no longer possesses this ability because he voluntarily let the temporal energies of the hammer be drained when Immortus asked Thor to use Mjolnir to save the planet Phantus and bring it back out of limbo and into the space-time continuum.
- Rune Magic: During Ragnarok, Thor acquired knowledge and use of the Runes which granted him a vast supply of mystical power and spells in addition to his other powers as a result of drinking from the Well of Mimir for wisdom and clarity of inner vision. Thor was able to cast spells generating a variety of powerful effects while in the Asgardian dimension including teleportation within a dimension, to Valhalla, to Surtur's realm, and to the Fates at the World Tree; destroy a copy of Mjolnir and channel its energy into a magical force blast sufficient to destroy two demons simultaneously, unleash a wave of mystical energy strong enough to best Loki armed with a duplicate of Mjolnir, destroy the rebuilt Valhalla and slay numerous Rock Trolls in seconds, raise circular energy shields bordered by runes to block formidable blows of Mangog, remove Loki's head without quenching his life, and see even without physical eyes (However, Thor's eyes have both been restored). Thor's command and mastery of Rune Magic and Mysticism were far greater than any Asgardian, or anyone in the Nine Realms save Odin. Even then, Thor has already demonstrated the potential to surpass his father in the future. It is unknown whether he still possesses the power of the Runes and if so to what degree since his rebirth, but there is no visible indication at any instance that the Runes have been retained.
- Electric Charging: When Thor turns or throws his hammer, it is charging electricity in the hammer that can kill mortals and hurt demigods and gods.
- Electric shockwave: By striking the ground with his hammer, Thor can create a shockwave of electricity, powerful enough to kill mortals and send Hercules across a forest.
- Terrain Manipulation
- Elemental Control: Thor can manipulate patterns of weather on planets and create raging storms of thunder and lightning. Thor's limitations with this ability, if any, are unknown.
Powers from Thor's Magic HammerEdit
- "I really wish I had my hammer. It was quite unique it was made of a special metal and forged in the heart of a dying star. Every time I threw it, it would come back to me. With it I could cast lightning, make energy blasts, and when I spun it really fast, it gave me the ability to fly."
- ―Thor explaining Mjølnir to Korg[src]
Abilities via Mjølnir: Due to the enchantments placed upon the mystical hammer, Thor was granted the ability to focus his innate mystical abilities and harness them. It allowed him to easily harness his dominion over weather elements and that allowed for several other sub-abilities to follow suit. Along with the discovery of his powers originating from himself instead of his weapon, Thor retained the abilities he had with and without Mjølnir once he obtained Stormbreaker, which also amplified them to a degree.
- Weather Manipulation: Wielding Mjølnir's helped refine Thor's power to give him the ability to control the base elements of a storm. It could control the elements and create giant raging electrical storms complete with thunder, lightning, hurricane-force winds, tornadoes, tidal waves, earthquakes, and torrential rains all on a moment's notice. With Mjølnir's help, Thor was able to summon an isolated class 5 tornado while battling the Destroyer as well as a lightning bolt strong enough to destroy a large piece of landscape in Jotunheim. The Norse myths and legends regarded him as the God of Thunder because of the hammer's influence over the weather. After discovering that Mjølnir was only used to focus his power and was never the source of it, Thor was able to summon thunder and lightning from the sky as well as from his own body. With the use of Stormbreaker, the abilities Thor had with his hammer are restored and greater enhanced. Wielding Mjolnir grants Thor the ability to control the base elements of a storm, i.e. rain, wind, thunder, ice, snow and more. He can create giant raging storms complete with thunder, hurricane-force winds, tornadoes, blizzards, tidal waves, exploding volcanoes, earthquakes and torrential rains across entire planets at a moment's notice. He can also create any of these phenomena individually. Another aspect of this power allows him to stop any of these weather conditions instantly as well. Thor can create storms on a planetary wide scale, and can go beyond and defy what natural weather can do such as creating rain in space where there is no atmosphere. Thor's ability to control and create storms extends to any and all storms as he has been shown to control and create powerful stellar winds in space and so on. Thor can free weather effects, directly from Mjolnir. Like: thunders, lightnings, high winds, ice rays, solar flares and more.
- Lightning Manipulation: Thor's main weapon while using Mjølnir is the ability to summon a lightning bolt from the surrounding skyline. As well as being able to channel electricity on its own Mjølnir is able to attract the ambient electricity from the surrounding atmosphere and redirect it towards a given target, such as when he summoned electricity from inside of Avengers Tower and used it to bring Vision to life. While on Jotunheim, Thor summoned a huge lightning bolt, strong enough to destroy a large portion of the landscape. During the Battle of New York Thor used the spire of the Chrysler building to channel a tremendous lightning bolt, which he directed at the portal of the Chitauri to deter a portion of the enemy reinforcements, managing to bring down two massive Leviathan and numerous Chitauri aliens with the blast. During the Battle of Sokovia, Thor was able to generate an incredible amount of lighting, helping Iron Man swiftly smite the hovering Sokovian capital city into oblivion, thwarting Ultron's plans in the process. After his visions of Odin and discovering Mjølnir was not the source of his powers, he became capable of summoning thunder and lightning without it and even generating electrical energy from his own body. Thor's power over electrical energy were greatly enhanced by his use of Stormbreaker, which restored and improved upon the abilities he possessed with Mjolnir.
- Atmokinesis: Thor has shown the ability to create thunderstorms.
- High Speed Flight: Thor was capable of hurling Mjølnir with great force and, by holding onto the leather thong, was capable of flying through the air at immense speeds. How fast exactly was not specified, but he was able to remain aloft in the middle of a Class 5 tornado, and traverse the distance from his father's chambers to Heimdall's observatory and back again in seconds. Using Mjølnir, Thor could also move across the New Mexico desert in a matter of seconds. While flying, Thor can use his speed to strike enemies with immense force, such as when he tackled the Hulk through a wall, tackled Malekith in and out of portals, and when Thor killed a Jotunheim Beast on Jotunheim by flying through its skull.
- Weight Manipulation: Mjølnir's enchantment allows its worthy wielders to swing it nearly effortlessly yet in reality it is extremely heavy to an average person. Its ability to manipulate its weight allows Thor to hurl Mjølnir at great speeds or alternatively by holding onto the leather thong and whirling it like a flail, use the hammer as a thrashing vortex. In Jotunheim, he bashes the Frost Giants around him, then throws Mjølnir, making it hit multiple Frost Giants in its path in moments. Quicksilver, Loki and Hulk were pinned down by Mjølnir's awesome weight, though also due to them being unworthy to wield it.
- Energy Projection: With Mjølnir, Thor could project blasts, waves and bolts of electrical energy of various sizes and intensities. While the hammer can generate electrical energy, it can channel more energy from the lightning storms it creates to summon its lightning for powerful energy attacks. With Mjølnir, Odin could project a powerful beam of golden light and use it to take away all of Thor's superhuman powers, destroy what was left of Thor's armor after stripping much of it off of him, and ultimately send him flying into the Bifrost.
- Armor Generation: By summoning lightning from the sky into Mjølnir, Thor's clothes are transformed into his combat armor. The hammer was also shown to be able to transform Thor's clothing into those worn by humans, while it could appear as an umbrella. With the use of Stormbreaker, Thor is able to transform his clothing into his combat armor once more.
- Weapon Summoning: Mjølnir obeyed Thor's summons as though it was driven by a form of intelligence. Mjølnir went to Thor when it was in a crater miles away, arriving in seconds. Mjølnir would return to Thor whenever he threw it at an opponent. While battling the Hulk in a hanger of the Helicarrier, Thor summoned Mjølnir from another room and it came crashing through the Helicarrier to get to him. Thor's newest weapon, Stormbreaker, retains Mjølnir's ability to be summoned and telekinetically controlled by the user.
- Resurrection: Mjølnir possessed the ability to revive people back from death itself and to restore them to optimum health like when it resurrected Thor as he was passing away due to being injured by the Destroyer while he was mortal. This ability was passed over to Thor's replacement for Mjølnir, Stormbreaker, which allowed him to fully recover from nearly fatal injuries.
- Transformation: When Thor was living on Earth under a mortal guise, he could use Mjolnir to transform from his Donald Blake persona into Thor and vice versa. Thor lost this ability when this enchantment was transferred to Beta Ray Bill's hammer, Stormbreaker. Later, Odin permanently separated the two personas. The transformation returns after Odin's death and Ragnarök restore Donald Blake to existence, allowing him to draw Thor back to Earth from the void once he finds the hammer, but for a time the two share an existence where they are distinct individuals who nevertheless have a similar memory.
- Mystical Link: Mjolnir obeys Thor’s commands as though it were alive, and if Thor’s will is strong enough, the hammer can pass through nearly any barrier to reach him should he so chooses; Mjolnir will even carve its way through the very center of entire planets to get back to Thor. Mjolnir will even return to Thor while he is in his mortal persona as Jake Olson. Mjolnir can also transform Thor into his civilian guises. When Thor is a civilian, the hammer most often becomes an old wooden cane. While employing a mortal guise, Thor would transform back into his mortal form if he was separated from Mjolnir for more than 60 seconds.
- Flight: Thor is capable of hurling Mjolnir with great force and, by holding onto the leather thong, is capable of flying through the air at tremendous speeds. While in an Earth-like atmosphere, Thor generally flies at roughly the Speed of Sound, roughly 770 miles per hour. Thor can fly so fast that he is invisible to the naked eye. He has been clocked flying at three times the speed of light, and is capable of achieving speeds far greater than that. He can perform complicated maneuvers in the air, and change course in mid-flight at the speed of thought. He can hover in mid-air with the winds like Storm.
- Energy Absorption and Redirection: Thor is able to use Mjolnir to absorb energy blasts directed towards him as means of attack. Once the energy is absorbed, Thor can redirect it back amplified towards the source. Thor used Mjolnir to absorb the Silver Surfer's Cosmic blasts, Sky-Walker's Cosmic Tempest, radio active energy, and magnetism such as Magneto's personal magnetic field. Mjolnir's even managed to redirect the energy of the Null Bomb, which was created to destroy all life in the Black Galaxy, the blast of which was shown as powerful enough to reignite a dying sun. It has also absorbed mystical energies, such as Pluto's mystic flame. The hammer was even able to absorb a portion of the mystical energies granted from every god pantheon on Earth and absorbed the electromagnetic energies of the Celestial Mother-ship..
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Manipulation: Thor was able to absorb and manipulate the electromagnetic energies of the Celestial Mothership.
- Cosmic Energy: Mjolnir allows Thor to produce and control Cosmic Energy to an unknown limit for a variety of purposes.
- Energy Sensing: Mjolnir can detect practically all types of energy. It reacts particularly strongly to evil psychic energy,and supernatural energy. Mjolnir can also track down the energy pattern of someone in hiding, detect any Asgardians aura by their electrons discharge, and can sense and track the energy radiating from mystical objects.
- Matter Manipulation: By spinning Mjolnir in a precise manner at cyclotronic speeds, Thor can manipulate matter from a molecular level to a vast scale, which allows him to create other configurations and even allows him to transmute the elements themselves. This ability was evident when he transmuted the air around Absorbing Man's body to the gas helium.
- Invisibility and Intangibility: Thor can turn himself or others, using Mjolnir, completely intangible and/or invisible. An offshoot of this ability is that Thor can use Mjolnir to completely disrupt the phasing abilities of super humans such as the Vision, Shadowcat etc.
- Illusion Detection: Mjolnir can distinguish images, holograms, and different illusions from reality: Thor once commanded the hammer to strike the demon lord Mephisto, who was hiding amongst false images of himself.
- Teleportation: By grasping Mjolnir by the leather thong and rapidly swirling it, Thor can channel energies for the purpose of opening gateways through means of a vortex and in this vortex time has no meaning, which means he and others can pass through it to their destinations instantaneously. He can open gateways which allow him to travel across locations no matter how great the distance within moments or even across entire dimensions, as he does when he travels from Asgard to Earth and vice-versa.Thor has used Mjolnir to rip the fabric of the Universe to send Surtur and Yimir to the Death Dimension and send an entire population to Limbo, Thor can also use Mjolnir to travel through portals anywhere within the same dimension.
- Force Fields: With Mjolnir, Thor is capable of creating powerful barriers, force fields and vortexes that are impenetrable. Not even Earth's most advanced weapons could weaken Thor's barrier field that shielded the U.N. headquarters. Thor stated that he could have contained a cosmic flash attack from Stellaris, this blast was strong enough to destroy the planet Earth. These vortexes and barriers are so immensely durable that Thor was able to prevent a live bomb from detonating, which is so powerful it was said capable of destroying a fifth of the Marvel Universe.
- Resurrection: While channeling his power through Mjolnir, Thor was able to resurrect a man he had wrongly killed.
- Alpha Particles: Thor's hammer can harness Alpha Particles from the atmosphere and could use it to atomize any weaponry.
- Negation of Mystic Energy: He used this ability on the Juggernaut himself to negate the mystical energies that grant him his mystical invulnerability, allowing him to defeat Juggernaut in combat. He was able to stop Mephisto from taking human souls to the Dark Dimension.
- Nether World Power: Thor can use Mjolnir to tap into the power of the Nether Worlds (dark dimensions).
- Interdimensional Messaging: Thor can use Mjolnir to send psychic messages between the Nine Realms.
- Vast Energy Manipulation: Thor has stated that he relies on the power of Mjolnir too often. Mjolnir does afford powers and abilities that he would not normally have, but Mjolnir is a tool, and Thor has natural energy manipulation abilities without Mjolnir, in most case, his natural powers surpasses than most Asgardians Gods. He can easily go toe to toe with Zeus’s own extremely powers. During Ragnarok, Thor had seen his family and friends fall to Loki's army and he reached down into himself for strength he never realized before and projected an energy blast so powerful that he knocked out Durok the Demolisher, who was so powerful that Thor, even with Mjolnir, was barely able to hold his own against. He can always projects omni-directional blast.
- Energy Projection: With Mjolnir, its can project powerful mystical blasts of energy. He can even channel energies for stronger energy attacks.
- God Blast: Thor is capable of channeling different amounts of his godly energies in combination with the mystical properties of Mjolnir can be channeled through his hammer for a single massive blast known as the God Blast.His godly energy is so vast and powerful, that even when reinforced with the Belt of Strength, which should double Mjolnir's fortification and durability, when Thor channeled his godly energies into Mjolnir to destroy the Brain Dome of the mighty Celestial Exitar, the hammer shattered from the amount of power Thor channeled. The God Blast is so immensely powerful and destructive that it has proven capable of destroying beings as large and as powerful as the being Galactus, who was forced to flee for his life. Thor can send the God Blast to the core of Ego the Living Planet and Alter Ego and render both comatose. He has also used the God Blast to defeat Surtur, Ymir, Juggernaut, and Zelia. Thor is capable of channeling different amounts of his godly energies in combination with the mystical properties of Mjolnir. These energies can be channeled through his hammer for a single massive blast known as the God Blast which is able to kill even immortals. His godly energy is so vast and powerful, that even when reinforced with the Belt of Strength, which should double Mjolnir's fortification and durability, when Thor channeled his godly energies into Mjolnir to destroy the Brain Dome of the mighty Celestial Exitar, the hammer shattered from the amount of power Thor channeled. The God Blast is so immensely powerful and destructive that it has proven capable of causing such a great degree of damage to a starving Galactus that he was forced to flee for his life. Thor can send the God Blast to the core of Ego the Living Planet and Alter Ego and render both comatose.
- Anti-Force: Thor is capable of producing an indescribably powerful blast known as the Anti-Force which is capable of annihilating entire planets. This blast is so powerful that with just a single emission, Thor was capable of putting down and seemingly killing the powerful entity Mangog himself. Thor is capable of producing an indescribably powerful blast known as the Anti-Force which is capable of annihilating entire planets.
- Thermo-blast: Thor has the ability to produce a universe shaking thermo-blast capable of decimating even entire planets and beings as powerful as Ego the Living Planet. Thor can generate an amount of thermal energy so powerful that it is able to defeat villains like Ego the Living Planet.
- Barriers: With Mjolnir, Thor is capable of creating powerful barriers, force fields and vortexes that are impenetrable. Not even Earth's most advanced weapons could weaken Thor's barrier field that shielded the U.N. headquarters. Thor stated that he could have contained a cosmic flash attack from Stellaris, this blast was strong enough to destroy the planet Earth. These vortexes and barriers are so immensely durable that Thor was able to completely contain the explosion generated by a life bomb, which is so powerful it would have completely destroyed a fifth of the Marvel Universe, without the vortex even faltering, meaning that Thor literally contained a blast that is capable of annihilating millions upon millions of galaxies.
- Teleportation: by hitting the ground with his hammer Thor creates teleporting himself or someone else between the earth and Asgard. By grasping Mjolnir by the leather thong and rapidly swirling it, Thor can channel energies for the purpose of Wormholes through means of a vortex and in this vortex time has no meaning, which means he and others can pass through it to their destinations instantaneously. He can open gateways which allow him to travel across locations no matter how great the distance within moments or even across entire dimensions, as he does when he travels from Asgard to Earth and vice-versa. Thor has used Mjolnir to rip the fabric of the universe to send Surtur and Ymir to the Death Dimension and send an entire population to Limbo, Thor can also use Mjolnir to travel through portals anywhere within the same dimension.
- Summoning: When he throws the hammer in combat, it returns to his hand.
- Weapon Summoning: Mjølnir obeyed Thor's summons as though it were alive. Mjølnir traveled to Thor when it was displaced within a crater from miles away, reaching him in seconds. Mjølnir would return to Thor whenever it was thrown at an opponent. While battling the Hulk in a hanger of the Helicarrier, Thor summoned Mjølnir from another room and it came crashing through the Helicarrier to get to him. After Mjølnir was hurled, Thor was able to change the hammer's direction in flight easily. However, if it is caught by someone worthy and with tremendous strength, Thor would be unable to pull it back to his hand, as evidenced with Hela gripping it preventing Thor from summoning it back.
- Energy Sensing: Mjolnir can detect practically all types of energy. It reacts particularly strongly to evil psychic energy, and supernatural energy.. Mjolnir can also track down the energy pattern of someone in hiding, detect any Asgardian's aura by their electrons discharge, and can sense and track the energy radiating from mystical objects.
- ability to increase an item to incredible size
- Event Recall: Thor can use Mjolnir to recall past events.
- Transmigration of Souls: Thor's hammer has the ability to manipulate souls.
- Life Force Absorption: Thor used this ability on the super villain the Presence, who was forced to surrender to prevent himself from being reduced to a lifeless husk.
- Illusion Detection: Mjolnir can distinguish images, holograms, and different illusions from reality: Thor once commanded the hammer to strike the demon lord Mephisto, who was hiding among false images of himself.
- Holy Object: As a former religious relic of Judaism & Christian, Mjolnir is lethal to vampires, Satan, fallen angels & demons. Thor once threw Mjolnir at a vampire, with contact causing the vampire to burst into flame and crumble to dust.
- Undead Lethality: As a former religious relic, Mjolnir is lethal to undead. Thor once threw Mjolnir at a vampire, with contact causing the vampire to burst into flame and crumble to dust.
- Immunity to Other Forces: Even without activating the powers of Mjolnir, Thor's hammer, enchanted by Odin, is impervious to nearly all forms of change, as he himself claimed that no power in the universe but the All-Father's could affect Mjolnir, shown when Amora's magical efforts during her first confrontation with Thor to change it into a deadly serpent availed her naught.
- Time Travel/Chronokinesis: Mjolnir can bend space and time and allow itself and its holder to travel through time.Mjolnir lost this ability when Thor was convinced by Immortus to remove it to help the planet Phantus, which was trapped in Limbo. This was later revealed to be a hoax by Immortus to deprive the Avengers of their main means of time travel. In spite of this, Mjolnir is still capable of manipulating time, to the extent that Mister Gryphon attempted to use it as part of his plan to return home only to be defeated by the temporal paradox of two different versions of the hammer striking each other.
- Allspeak: Thanks to the Allspeak, the wielder of Mjolnir can communicate with and be understood by all races.
- Density Manipulation: Mjølnir's enchantment allowed its worthy wielders to swing it nearly effortlessly yet, in reality, it was as heavy as a mountain to an average person. Its ability to manipulate its weight allowed Mjølnir to fly at high speeds without slowing down when hurled as well as have it stricken with a massive concussive force equal to at least that of a grenade. In Jotunheim, Thor bashed the Frost Giants around him with his war hammer, then threw Mjølnir, making it strike multiple Frost Giants in its path in moments. Quicksilver and Hulk were pinned down by Mjølnir's immense weight, as was Loki. Mjølnir's momentum could also be manipulated. If held by someone worthy, its momentum would be that of a simple hammer. If caught and held by someone unworthy in mid-air after being thrown by someone worthy, its momentum would be that of a heavily-weighted object with its velocity unchanged. However, an immensely strong entity could catch it easily without being too overwhelmed by the force, as evidenced when Hela proves to be able to effortlessly catch it and firmly grip it, preventing Thor from pulling it back.
- Clothing Generation: Mjolnir was able to both conjure armor onto its user, sometimes transforming the clothing already worn by the user into combat attire, which Thor notably used to transform his Asgardian garbs into human street clothes. Additionally, the hammer demonstrated being able to transform and disguise itself to an extent, either through enchantments placed upon it or from its own power, which notably allowed it to transform into an umbrella and then back again. Thor removed these disguises using his lightning when facing Hela.
- Energy Blast: With Mjølnir, Odin channeled and projected a powerful blast of energy, using it to remove all of Thor's superhuman powers and destroyed what was left of Thor's armor after stripping most of it off of him, throwing him through the Bifrost Bridge to Earth.
- Master Combatant: Thor is the greatest and most powerful warrior in Asgard since Odin and Hela, and is one of the most skilled fighters in the Nine Realms, as he has been trained in the arts of war and various Asgardianfighting techniques. He is therefore masterful in many areas of combat, including hand-to-hand and various forms of weaponry available in Asgard(primarily swords and spears), though he usually prefers to wield his hammer Mjølnir. Thor is known to be very cunning and intuitive in battles and in warfare. Even when rendered mortal and stripped of his strength and powers, Thor utilized his sheer vast fighting skills to overpower nearly a dozen highly skilled S.H.I.E.L.D. operatives, as the very impressed Phil Coulson stated "[Thor] made [his] men, some of the most highly trained professionals in the world, look like a bunch of minimum wage mall cops." At full power, Thor has fought and defeated over a hundred Marauder warriors in Vanaheim, beaten several Asgardian soldiers with ease, battled hordes of Frost Giants with great ease in Jotunheim, as well as numerous hordes of Chitauri aliens in the Battle of New York. During the Battle of Sokovia, Thor fought and destroyed many Ultron Sentries effortlessly, prompting an irritated Ultron to tackle him away and deal with Thor personally. Thor was also able to overpower the extremely formidable Destroyer, which even the combined might of Lady Sif and the Warriors Three failed to do, maneuver around the larger Hulk and strike the latter with ease, as well as defeat Loki in both of their altercations while holding back to not kill him. Thor even went toe-to-toe with the extremely skilled and experienced Aether-enhanced Malekith, and ultimately defeated the latter after a prolonged battle. While Thor prefers to fight with weapons, he is tremendously proficient in hand-to-hand combat. His brawling skills have allowed him to defeat several S.H.I.E.L.D agents unarmed even without his powers and easily knock out many armed Asgardians at full power. He was able to dominate Loki when they briefly engaged in a fist fight before regaining their weapons and upon being angered when his brother stabbed him, Thor swiftly overtook Loki, disarming him of his scepter and then quickly overpowering him, forcing him to flee. Thor also proved to be able to dominate the Hulk even though Hulk had greatly improved his prowess when they engaged in hand-to-hand combat, able to dodge all of Hulk's rage-frenzy attacks and repeatedly hit him and restrain Hulk, with Hulk being unable to pummel Thor without surprising him and after gaining his full powers by a vision of Odin's spirit, he was able to instantly topple the Hulk with a single blow. Later, after being disarmed by Hela of his swords and Gungnir, Thor was still able to put up a considerable fight against her using her Necroswords, deflecting some of her blows and even landing some strikes on his own, although he was eventually slashed in the chest and defeated. Upon finally truly awakening his powers, Thor effortlessly tore through hordes of Hela's undead troops, and was able to almost stalemate Hela herself in their third battle, fighting her to a draw with help from Valkyrie all with his bare hands. Later on, Thor easily defeated hordes of Surtur's Muspelheim warriors, took down a weakened version of Surtur himself, gained the upper hand over the equally strong Hulk in the Contest of Champions, despite Hulk's skill having grown so much he was undefeatable in the contest, forcing Hulk to use surprise attack to get the better of Thor and upon Thor acquiring his full powers, he swiftly outmatched Hulk, with only the Grandmaster's interference keeping Thor from winning, and even held his own multiple times against the far more powerful and experienced Hela. While Hela easily outclassed Thor in close-range combat during their first fight, Thor proved capable of defending himself better against her in their second fight, landing some hits on his older sister, although he was still defeated, with Hela gouging out his right eye. Upon gaining his full powers (after seeing a vision from Odin's spirit), Thor was able to effortlessly defeat all of Hela's undead troops and even almost stalemate Hela herself in their third and final fight, managing to fight her to a draw with aid from Valkyrie. While not fully healed from their previous fight, Thor was still able to hit Thanos, although he caught Thanos off-guard and was soon easily kicked away. After acquiring Stormbreaker and regaining his armor, Thor effortlessly killed many Outriders and destroyed their ships and, by focusing all of his power into a single blow, was the only hero able to surprise and severely injure Thanos.
- Hammer Mastery: Thor is exceptionally proficient in using his war hammer Mjølnir, due to centuries of practice wielding it, and he is also extremely proficient in hammer throwing. He even had been able to use Mjølnir as a powerful defense tool, blocking energy shots from the Destroyer, Loki's Scepter, Chitauri weaponry, Malekith's Aether, and even Surtur's Twilight Sword (though Surtur was notably not at full power then). His overall skill in using Mjølnir in combat had allowed him to best Loki twice using the equally powerful Scepter and Gungnirdespite later admitting he was holding back, stalemate the Aether-enhanced Malekith, kill Surtur, effortlessly defeat multiple enemies be it Frost Giants, Ultron's sentries or Surtur's warriors. Thor's hammer fighting skills are also highly adaptable, as displayed when he used a far bulkier Sakaaran hammer to battle the Hulk in the Contest of Champions due to his hammer having been destroyed and was able to dominate the Hulk and break his axe, although Hulk managed to use his growing rage to catch a blow from Thor using said hammer and then surprise and disarm him. Thor was also able to quickly use his newly forged devastatingly powerful Stormbreaker with a devastating amount of effiency during the Battle of Wakanda, effortlessly defeating many Outriders and even managing to land a full-power blow on an Infinity Gauntlet-wielding Thanos that severely injured him.
- Sword Mastery: Thor is highly accomplished in swordsmanship, with him choosing a pair of blades out of all available weapons for the Contest of Champions, and managing to block several strikes from the Hulk with them, though the swords broke in the process. Thor later used another pair of blades against Hela in their second battle and was able to momentarily hold his own against her, though Thor was quickly disarmed. Thor later fared much better against Hela using 2 blades in their final fight when he had unlocked his full powers, managing to land glancing hits on the Goddess of Death and easily destroy her Necroswords.
- Spear Mastery: Thor is extremely skilled at fighting with a spear, as he notably wielded Gungnir in his second battle against Hela, and managed to hold his own reasonably well against her, even landing some hits on her, before being ultimately defeated.
- Expert Combatant: A little-known fact about Thor is that not only he was known throughout history as the Norse God of thunder and strength, but also of war. Since birth, he has been trained in the arts of war. Thor is a highly skilled warrior, and proficient in hand-to-hand combat, swordsmanship, mace-wielding, hammer throwing, and wrestling.
- Pilot: Thor has demonstrated a level of proficiency and knowledge in piloting various types of alien spacecrafts, able to effectively pilot a Dark Elf Harrow and the Grandmaster's ship, the Commodore, while also displaying some understanding of Star-Lord's ship, the Benatar.
- Multilingual: Thor is well-versed in the native languages of several alien species, including Groot's.
- Indomitable Will: Thor has shown to have a powerful force of will, so much so that he has defied the will of his father Odin, who is his king and is bound to serve him, on several occasions if he feels the need to do so. He does not back down from any foe, does not give into a fight and is willing to lay down his own life in defense of others. On occasion, he has demonstrated the will power necessary to overcome mental domination.
- Telepathy Immunity: Thor has the ability to resist the mental influence of powerful beings. He resisted a mind thrust attack of the Rigellians, the magical music of Ares, a mental attack from Glory, Morgana le Fay's attempt to dominate his mind, resisted the power of the Eye of Horus, and the mind blast of the Super-Beast.
- Some Knowledge of Magic: Thor was able to cast an illusion, after years watching Loki prowess in manipulating magic.
- Master Tactician: For millennia, he has lead Asgard into battle against overwhelming forces with great leadership and employing effective strategies and tactics. Thor serves as the as the first choice to defend Asgard from its enemies. He has earned the trust of his fellow Asgardians to follow him into battle. When Odin died after his battle with Surtur, all of Asgard was behind the idea to follow Thor as the new King of Asgard.
- Talented Public Speaker: Thor has addressed Asgardian masses, rallied troops and Avengers teammates into battle. He has also married some of his Avengers teammates and given compassionate eulogies.
- Highly Influential Connections: During his life, Thor has served Asgard as it's Prince, Lord, and King and with these positions he has had access to the wealth of Asgard to pay an Oklahoma land owner for the land he put Asgard on, all the weapons and magical artifacts in Asgard and field command of Asgard's forces in Odin's stead. As a founding member of the Avengers, he has a good reputation among Earth's heroes who would answer his call if needed and he would answer their call in return. He also has good relations with gods from other pantheons.
- Diplomatic Immunity: After Thor's rebirth, he used Mjolnir to recreate Asgard on Earth in Oklahoma. At this time, Iron Man was head of S.H.I.E.L.D. and confronted Thor about his bringing Asgard in U.S. territory. After Thor beat down Iron Man, Stark suggested that Asgard be treated as a foreign embassy and with it citizens full diplomatic privileges, to which Thor agreed.
- Gifted Intellect: Thor possessed and retains the medical knowledge of Donald Blake, even as Thor. In early years, Blake also possessed scientific knowledge enabling him to build an android with an IQ of 375 and durable enough to withstand the blows from Thor's hammer. Thor's time among Tony Stark and the Avengers also gave him great knowledge of complex Earthly systems of electronics and the ability to modify the systems for his own purposes.However, his scientific skills have not been mentioned later in his career. He is however shown to be an avid reader of books written by other deities when he needs to learn new information.
Strength level Edit
Adam Warlock has stated that he considers Thor as one of the physically strongest beings in the universe. Thor can be considered as a Class 100+ super being. He has been stated to be at the 95-ton level, then at 100 tons,even though Thor possesses incalculable strength able to overcome the gravity of a neutron star, among other feats. Hence, none of these stats should be taken as anything other than comparisons among characters regarding which of them are officially stronger than who according to Marvel's editorial department. For example, Spider-Man is listed as class 10, yet has moved thousands of tonnes on occasion.
Warriors' Madness: also known as the Sin Unpardonable. Warrior's Madness is the most forbidden malady in Asgard by law of Odin. Any who fall under it must pay the penalty, only the most bitter sacrifice can atone for it.Despite this allowing Thor to increase his strength and stamina tenfold, this threatens Thor's sanity. Symptoms include massive headaches, mentally erratic, savage, animalistic, uncontrollable behavior, and unreasoning.
Teeth of the Jörmungandr: Thor can be impaled by the fangs of the Midgard Serpent.
- First Set: His first set of armor had a collared blue tunic with red piping, and black pants. Over the blue shirt he wore a black vest emblazoned with silver overlay. He wore a bright red cape that connected at the shoulders of his vest. His arms were covered in a form of chain-mail and he wore detailed, black, knee-high boots.
- Second Set: Thor’s second set of armor worn while fighting in the forest with Captain America and Iron Man. It was sleeveless with a black top covered in silver plates. It has blue pants and black boots. It had red wristbands covered with silver arm bracers. It also had a bright red cape. During Thor's stay on the Helicarrier he removed portions of his armor such as his cape, larger arm bracers and part of his chest plate, while in the more relaxed setting. While heading into the Battle of New York he re-donned his cape and heavier portions of his armor, adding to it a set of chain-mail sleeves as seen in the first set.
- Third Set: The Third set was a layered, collared, black vest with gold plates and blue accents worn over a chain-mail shirt. The vest continued into a loincloth which hung over chain-mail and leather pants. The sleeves ended at arm-bracers similar-looking to the vest with a red underside. He wore knee-high brown boots with gold piping. The third set also featured a bright red cape that was attached to the vest by two gold disks. During his time on Sakaar, Thor supplemented the then-damaged Third set with pieces of armor salvaged from the Sakaaran Armory, most prominently a teal pauldron on his left shoulder and a similarly-colored bracer on his right shin.
- Fourth Set: Thor's Fourth set of armor, donned following the escape of Asgard's destruction but before Thanos' attack, was comprised of a layered, collared black vest containing his recurring silver plates, navy blue pants and short strapped leather gloves. After attaining Stormbreaker, Thor added his signature red cape and chain-mail sleeves in preparation to the Fourth Set for his rematch with Thanos.
- Stormbreaker: Thor's newly forged maul Stormbreaker is able to focus and hone Thor's powers, acting as a conduit. The weapon, due to being made out of Uru, is neigh-indestructible and able to withstand energy blasts created by the Infinity Stones, even wounding Thanos. The only reason it failed to kill Thanos was because Thor intentionally delayed the killing blow, a catastrophic mistake unrelated to the weapon's abilities. Stormbreaker is able to summon the Bifrost Bridge, even after the bridge's apparent destruction, shown when Thor teleported himself, Rocket Raccoon and Groot to Wakanda instantly. The weapon, like Mjølnir before it, will return to Thor's hand when he opens it and strikes his opponents with massive force.
- Cybernetic Eye: On their way to Nidavellir, Rocket handed to Thor a cybernetic eye to replace the one he lost during his battle with Hela, restoring his lost sight.
- Mjølnir: Thor has been entrusted with the mighty hammer Mjølnir, that was forged from the heart of a dying star. Thor's mystical hammer Mjølnir, which resembles a mallet rather than a traditional war hammer, has a number of elemental based powers. It has been stated by Odin himself that Mjølnir's power has no equal. Mjølnir itself is extremely durable and combined with the various enchantments placed upon it by Odin, it is, for all intents and purposes, indestructible. It has deflected three blasts from the Destroyer, which was able to disintegrate anything that it hit, and return the blast back into the Destroyer. Thor often uses the hammer as a physical weapon, with almost nothing being capable of withstanding a hammer blow or throw, with the exception of Captain America's Shield.
- Worthiness Enchantment: After Thor disobeyed Odin and nearly caused a war between Asgard and Jotunheim, Odin banished Thor to Earth without his powers and placed an enchantment on the hammer Mjølnir. "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." This enchantment surrounding Mjølnir prevents it from being wielded by anyone save those who have been found worthy. When Thor sacrificed himself to protect Earth from The Destroyer he proved himself worthy to wield Mjølnir once again and gained full use of his powers. Only Thor, Odin, Vision, and Hela are known able to wield Mjølnir. Other than that, only Captain America was able to nudge it slightly in his attempt to lift the hammer. Indeed, not even the Hulk's incredible strength could lift Mjølnir, as the hammer did not deem him worthy.
- Megingjörð: Thor's magical belt. He left it on Midgard, in Iron Man's hands before departing to learn more about the Infinity Stones.
- Winged Helmet: Prior to his banishment, Thor possessed a silver Asgardian war helm adorned with wings on its sides. He wore it along with his armor during his coronation as king, but the sudden appearance of Frost Giants led him to abandon it while he and Odin went to investigate the Vault.
- Crown of Surtur: Following the defeat of Surtur in Muspelheim, Thor took the Crown of Surtur and brought it back to Asgard, where he intended to lock it inside Odin's Vault, however upon arriving, Thor noticed that Odinmistakenly referred to the Crown of the Skull of Surtur, adding to his belief that Odin was really Loki in disguise. During the battle against Hela, Thor knew that Surtur would be the only one who could defeat Hela, so tasked Loki with combining the Crown with the Eternal Flame in order to allow Surtur to be reborn and finally destroy Hela once and for all.
- Collapsible Helmet: Acquired during the Contest of Champions, Thor donned the helmet (reminiscent of his Asgardian helm) for his fight against the Grandmaster's champion to earn his freedom, but lost it during the fight.
- Sakaaran Mace and Shield: During the Contest of Champions, Thor utilized a mace and shield from a Sakaaran armory for his battle. During his fight with the Grandmaster's champion, later revealed to be Hulk, Thor lost his weapons in their brawl, instead using two retractable swords.
- Retractable Swords: Having lost both his mace and shield in his fight against the Hulk, Thor used two retractable swords, although they were soon destroyed by the Hulk's Sakaaran War Hammer during the duel.
- Sakaaran War Hammer: Thor managed to arm himself with the Hulk's War Hammer during their duel on Sakaar, using it to beat down the Hulk and destroy his Sakaaran Battle Axe until the Hulk caught the Hammer mid-swing and disarmed Thor.
- Gungnir: Gungnir was a powerful magical spear used by the rulers of Asgard and serves as a symbol of Asgardian power, prominently used by king Odin the Allfather, and his father Bor before him. When Hela came to take the throne of Asgard, Thor had taken the spear in the Asgardian Palace, and briefly used it in a duel before dropping it when Hela had managed to overpower him during their duel.
- Black Uru Arm: After Malekith cut Thor's arm off, Odin had the Dwarves of Nidavellir forge a new arm for him. It was forged of Black Uru in the same furnaces where Mjolnir was forged, and took a thousand Dwarves to pound it into shape. It melted away when Thor used the God Tempest's power to resurrect Jane Foster.
The Odinship: Also known as the Cosmo-Craft, a space ship crafted by Odin that can reach beyond the Universe and the End of time. The ship is powered by the Odin Force and is so powerful that no asteroid, no planet, or no natural force can stop its progress. The only being able to halt its progress is Galactus. Thor was chosen by Odin to pilot the Odinship to search for Galactus as penance for slipping into the Warrior's Madness.
- Odin's Eye: a large oval screen installed in the Odinship that guides Thor through the cosmos. Thor can command it by thought and it can reveal the secrets of the universe.
Jarnbjorn: A battle axe forged by Dwarves that Thor wielded long before Mjolnir. Kang tricked Thor into placing an enchantment on Jarnbjorn, in order to pierce the armour of Celestials or armour created using Celestial technology.Thor lost it centuries ago, but recently reclaimed it from the Apocalypse Twins. In addition to piercing Celestial armour, Jarnbjorn is an effective blunt force instrument, Thor used it to kill Gorr and cleave off one of Red Onslaught's horns.
Hammer Arsenal: Following the destruction of Mjolnir, Thor started wielding a wide arrange of hammers for different tasks, which were enchanted by Odin to provide Thor with the same abilities Mjolnir did. However, since they were manufactured with less pure Uru, they were much weaker than Mjolnir and could break relatively easily. These hammers included the Hulk-Smiter and the self-destructive Bomb Hammer, among others. One of these hammers was gold and similar in appearance to Mjolnir.
- When Thursday was named it was named after Thor, Thor's- day